Comment on page
Adding a bot to a group chat in Telegram
In order to add a bot to a group chat, you need to:
- 1.Make sure the bot can be added to group chats. To do this, go to BotFather and select your bot settings: Bot Settings -> Allow groups?
2. Check the status of the “Privacy mode” setting. Pay attention to the setting “Privacy Mode” (Group Privacy).
By default, privacy mode is enabled, and the bot in a conversation will only respond to certain messages:
- Messages starting with '/'
- Bot's own messages
- Service messages (people added or removed from the group, etc.)
- Messages from the channels he belongs to
If you want the bot to respond to all messages, turn off the privacy mode: in the “Privacy mode is enabled” state, click the “Turn off” button.
3. The bot must be an admin in the group chat. There are two options here:
- Add a member and elevate their privileges:
- Immediately make the admin (the minus of this option is that if the group is non-public, the bot will not appear in the search).
Excellent! Your bot is now working in a group chat!